Hey guy! You don’t care about your skin? Well, women care if you look good or not.
And your boss cares too. For instance, studies show that men who take care of themselves earn 20% more than the “scruffy guys”.
And soap and water don't cut it. A good skincare routine for men only takes 5 minutes. And will do wonders for you.
Essential Skincare Routine for Men
- Step One: Cleanse
Why: It is very important to cleanse your skin as men’s skin is much oilier than women’s. It leads to more acne, blackheads, or uneven skin texture.
How: Using a bar or hand soap will dry your skin and cause even more skin issues. That is why a good facial cleanser is your best choice. Wash your face once or twice a day.
- Step Two: Exfoliate
Why: Men’s skin is 25% thicker than women’s. So using an exfoliant like glycolic acid to get rid of dead skin is even more important. It keeps the dark spot and the wrinkles away.
How: Use 2-3 nights a week. Put on a clean face with a cotton round and wipe for a minute.
- Step Three: Moisturize and Protect
Why: If you want to keep your skin energized and protected from environmental toxins, using a moisturizer is a must.
How: Using water-based, oil-free moisturizers is best for men. Just apply the product to the face and neck. Gently massage it in and let it absorb. Always apply sunscreen in the morning.
PRO Tips For Healthy Skin For Men
- Do not exfoliate your skin right after you shave. Your skin gets more tender after shaving. So an acid exfoliant can be somewhat irritating.
- A hyaluronic acid gel has a good calming effect. It makes for a great after-shave product.
- If you ever get razor bumps - include salicylic acid into your skincare routine. It works really well for preventing and fighting ingrown hair.
- Finally, never use hot water to wash your face as it can dry your skin. Cool or slightly warm water is a better choice.
A daily skincare routine will make you a better-looking man. And better-looking guys are more successful in their personal lives and their careers. Cheers to a new you!